Most popular articles
- OrionVM Continues Strong Growth with US Expansion, New Partnerships and Enhancements to Its IaaS Platform
- What Every CIO Needs to Know about the Future of Enterprise Mobility
- SugarCRM Now Comes with Integrated D&B Data and Insight
- NSA Revelations Have Changed ICT Decision-makers' Behaviour towards Cloud
- Microsoft Launches Office 365 for iPad and a New Cloud-Based Enterprise Mobility Suite
Amazon Free = Oxymoron
Yesterday Amazon announced their “free” AWS service. Welcome to free-land, even if you’re 4 years late to the game. But that is okay, because I am really excited to run something on AWS, just as soon as I can figure out the confusing terms and conditions. Oh, and find a credit card to put it on… wait, what?! Yes, Amazon free still requires you to GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER! How is that FREE?
You want a better “free” that is actually “free” and designed specifically for developers building today’s mobile and web-apps? Try Joyent’s Facebook, Yahoo or MySpace Free Developer Programs. No credit card required.
And if that doesn’t work for you, just drop me a line at email@example.com. Yes shocking, we will actually respond to your emails and phone calls. Because we want you to be successful.