Upcoming Cloud Computing Events
Upcoming Social Media Events
Upcoming Telecom Events
- No Events
Most popular articles
Cisco WebEx Vendor-Neutral Training Instruction Specialist Certification
Cisco WebEx offers Vendor-Neutral Training and Certification Helps Instructors Make Virtual Classrooms Engaging and Improves Student Outcomes
With more educators using technology to advance the classroom experience, Cisco today announced the Cisco® Virtual Classroom Instruction Specialistcertification, developed to build and validate the skills that educators and instructors need to effectively teach in virtual classroom environments.
“Our Virtual Classroom research shows that learning in an online environment is both less expensive and can be more instructionally rich than physical in-class experiences. Our research also demonstrates that what makes a great instructor effective online is the skillful use of collaboration tools. As job training and education continue to move online, this type of certification is an important offering.” David Mallon, principal analyst, Bersin & Associates
- According to the American Society for Training & Development, 37 percent of training in 2009 involved electronic technology, up from 15 percent in 2002, while face-to-face instruction fell to 59 percent.
- The Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction (LVCI) course teaches participants how to prepare and manage a virtual classroom, effectively deliver material online, and use collaboration tools to maximize student participation and comprehension.
- LVCI goes beyond tool usage and teaches instructors how to improve learner outcomes through more effective classroom collaboration.
- LVCI is delivered virtually using Cisco WebExTM; however, the skills are readily transferable to other conferencing and collaboration tools.
- LVCI consists of 17.5 hours of live virtual instruction and six hours of participant presentations, delivered over five consecutive days.
- LVCI is designed and led by experienced WebEx University instructors, who have delivered more than 40,000 hours of virtual training sessions.
- Certification will be based on a proctored multiple-choice exam (642-132 LVCI) and a practical demonstration (642-133 LVCIP), in which the candidate uses the best practices of virtual classroom delivery.
- The multiple-choice LVCI exam (642-132 LVCI) will be available Feb. 7, 2011, at Pearson VUE Testing Centers at a price of $150.
- The practical LVCI demonstration exam (642-133 LVCIP) will be available in mid-March 2011 and will be administered through Pearson VUE.
- Registration for LVCI virtual training will be available Feb. 7, 2011, on the Cisco Learning Network at a price of $1,395 USD.