Most popular articles
- BizCloud® Applauds HCL Tech’s Decision Not to Infringe on BizCloud® Registered Product & Services Trademark
- REVTalks 2014: 15 Minute Lessons from Revenue Marketing Leaders
- BizCloud® Files Trademark Infringement Lawsuit against CSC, AT&T, Cisco Systems, VMware and EMC
- BizCloud: GSA didn’t Care about Buying the Infringing Products From CSC
- ARMA's President Julie Colgan: Records Managers Must Understand Data Where it Lives
Dell Drives Collaborative Innovation with Emerging Solutions Ecosystem
Dell today announced its Emerging Solutions Ecosystem, a partnership program designed to deliver complementary and interoperable best-of-breed hardware, software and services components as part of its emerging technology solutions such as the Dell Apache Hadoop Solution and the Dell OpenStack-Powered Cloud Solution.
“Now we have an expanded ability for customers deploying OpenStack and other clouds with the governance, automation and cloud independence they require.”
The program specifically focuses on emerging technologies, with two key areas of big data and cloud enablement. Dell has delivered specific solutions to market on the Hadoop big data framework and the OpenStack open source cloud platform. The Emerging Solutions Ecosystem will enable expansion of the scope of those solutions and to continue to meet customer needs. As a result, customers can benefit even more from deploying these enhanced and validated solutions, which are optimized for maximum performance and scalability, and provide a single point of contact with whom to interact.
New Strategic Partners
Dell’s Emerging Solutions Ecosystem enables Dell’s market solutions in OpenStack and Hadoop with complementary software modules or components. Program partners are carefully selected based on their ability to support unique customer needs in cloud and cluster computing, and are categorized as Affiliate, Strategic, or Integrated partners.
Today, at the OpenStack Design Summit & Conference in San Francisco, Dell, a premium level sponsor at the event, announced three new Strategic Partners delivering software, services and quality assurance to customers in the OpenStack cloud solution space.
New Strategic Partners include:
- Canonical, a provider of engineering, online and professional services to Ubuntu and OpenStack partners and customers worldwide.
- enStratus, a cloud infrastructure management solution for deploying and managing enterprise-class applications in public, private and hybrid clouds.
- Mirantis, an engineering services company focused on OpenStack, open source infrastructure and applications.
Dell Support for OpenStack
As an alternative to proprietary, licensed software models, Dell continues to see heavy customer interest in the OpenStack-Powered Cloud Solution, which integrates the OpenStack cloud operating system, cloud-optimized Dell PowerEdge C servers, the Dell-developed Crowbar software framework, and services from Dell. The Dell OpenStack-Powered Cloud Solution comes with a reference architecture designed to help customers quickly integrate, deploy and manage their IT resources in an OpenStack environment. Users can complete bare metal deployment of multi-node OpenStack clouds in a matter of hours as opposed to days, with Dell’s Crowbar software framework managing the OpenStack deployment from the initial server boot to the configuration of the primary OpenStack components.