Upcoming Big Data Events
Upcoming Cloud Computing Events
Upcoming Development & Design Events
Upcoming Entertainment Events
- No Events
Upcoming Mobile Events
Upcoming Startups Events
Most popular articles
Keeping your IT Costs Under Control
In today’s competitive business world, small businesses are facing a difficult challenge to stay competitive and find new innovative ways to improve productivity and increase revenue. In order to compete with large companies, small businesses must offer value added services to their customers, and make IT investments to boost efficiency. Technology can help most small businesses grow, but the problem is that they usually have tight budgets to invest in IT projects. They need to invest wisely and find cost-effective IT solutions that can produce savings for their bottomline, and at the same time meet their needs. Here are some useful tips that can help you keep your business technology costs under control:
- Upgrading your operating system to the latest version isn’t always necessary unless the new features it offers will increase your business productivity. If that is not the case, you can postpone upgrading your current software for another year or two. Besides money you will pay to upgrade the operating system, there are also costs of upgrading the hardware to support the new OS.
- Server virtualization enables consolidation of a number of server applications on one physical machine. Less machines means that you will spend less money on hardware costs, energy and installation costs. Virtualizing your machines frees up your space, as maintaining multiple computers is not only expensive but it takes up a lot of office space as well.
- Outsourcing can be very cost-effective and it can help you run your IT operations more efficiently. It is recommended that you assess your needs and perform a cost/benefit analysis to ensure that outsourcing is the most cost-effective option for your company.
- One of the best ways to lower IT costs and increase business efficiency and productivity is to choose an IT managed service program. Managed service approach will allow you to focus on core business operations while the outsourced provider deals with IT requirements. Fixed monthly fee and free software upgrades will keep your IT costs low.
- Telecommuting conserves energy and is one of the green practices that companies employ in order to meet environmental standards. Offering your employees secure, remote access to the company network and data is a cost-effective way to increase employee productivity while saving traveling time and costs.
- A wide range of available open source software provides you with the opportunity to employ latest technologies without having to pay for expensive commercial applications. Most commercial applications on the market have an alternative in OSS that have the same features at significantly lower cost. There are no licensing fees for an open source software. The only cost you will have is paying for the software support that reduces running cost by 80% and ensures reliability.