Upcoming Entertainment Events
- GamesBeat 2014 on September 15, 2014
Most popular articles
- OrionVM Continues Strong Growth with US Expansion, New Partnerships and Enhancements to Its IaaS Platform
- What Every CIO Needs to Know about the Future of Enterprise Mobility
- SugarCRM Now Comes with Integrated D&B Data and Insight
- NSA Revelations Have Changed ICT Decision-makers' Behaviour towards Cloud
- Microsoft Launches Office 365 for iPad and a New Cloud-Based Enterprise Mobility Suite
LinkedIn Acquires Real-Time Search Technology Company IndexTank
Professional social network LinkedIn has acquired IndexTank, a real-time hosted search startup. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. As a result of the acquisition, IndexTank technology will be integrated into LinkedIn products and services. IndexTank previously raised $1.6 million in seed funding from K9 Ventures, Freestyle Capital, Patagonia Ventures, Michael Dearing and Steve Anderson.
IndexTank provides real-time hosted search software for companies to integrate into their websites. Some of the main features of IndexTank’s include real-time feed indexing, geo and social search, sorting and scoring of results, search result snippets, faceting, and more. IndexTank says its technology is designed for the needs of modern web sites where content is rapidly changing.
“LinkedIn has exploded over the past few years, and the search team has done a fantastic job at building world-class technologies to keep up with the growth,” IndexTank founder and CEO Diego Basch wrote in a blog post announcing the acquisition. “Of course, this doesn’t stop here and we’re working on the next play. This growth will continue and perhaps accelerate.”
“I believe IndexTank’s world-class search technology and experience will be instrumental in taking LinkedIn to this next level. I can’t wait to show you how,” he added.
LinkedIn has committed to keeping IndexTank service running for the next six months and open-sourcing key components to enable cloud providers to run the IndexTank API, and make it possible for existing IndexTank customers to transition to other providers.