Upcoming Big Data Events
Upcoming Cloud Computing Events
Upcoming Development & Design Events
- MongoDB World on June 23, 2014
Upcoming Mobile Events
Most popular articles
- OrionVM Continues Strong Growth with US Expansion, New Partnerships and Enhancements to Its IaaS Platform
- New Year, New OS – Planning Your Windows Migration
- Nearly Half of Organizations Past Pilot Phase for Cloud Adoption, Study Finds
- SAP HANA-Powered Business Operations Bundle Helps Organizations Embed Big Data Insights into Processes
- Innovative Startups Aim to Close the Public Cloud Security Gap
McAfee Leads in Enterprise Endpoint Protection and Performance; Unifies Customer Approach to Emerging Security Threats
McAfee today announced several market validations of its enterprise endpoint security technology, with independent proof of superior threat detection and endpoint performance, powered by a unique unified threat intelligence system and an integrated management platform.
McAfee® endpoint security provides continuous, updated, and powerful security against the entire spectrum of threats, from zero-day exploits to hacker attacks. As a core component of the McAfee Security Connected framework, McAfee endpoint security provides complete protection for all endpoints, including virtualized environments and all platforms such as Windows, Linux, Mac OS, mobile and embedded devices. This ensures secure, seamless access to business applications and corporate data.
Unlike other security companies that offer a fragmented management strategy with multiple infrastructures, overlapping functionality, and in some cases up to a dozen different management systems, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator® platform is the only enterprise-class security management system to provide unified management of endpoint, data, and network security. The ePolicy Orchestrator platform provides an extensible framework for security management and integrated workflow automation with more than 100 McAfee Security Innovation Alliance partners.
McAfee enterprise endpoint security leads in industry tests:
- McAfee rises to the top in enterprise-class endpoint security testing: NSS Labs, a leader in enterprise class security solutions testing — completed a series of group tests to evaluate the overall effectiveness of corporate endpoint protection solutions. McAfee Endpoint Protection suites, featuring the combination of McAfee® VirusScan® Enterprise 8.8 software, McAfee® Host IPS 8.0, and McAfee® Site Advisor® Enterprise 3.0 software met or beat all tested competitors in all 14 threat categories tested. The testing addressed advanced threat vectors and included in-depth analysis of the latest anti-evasion techniques — the ability of cybercriminals to trick and circumvent endpoint protection products. View report
- McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise 8.8 software showed highest performance in benchmark tests by AV-Test: The performance impact on endpoints introduced by traditional antivirus products has resulted in impacts to productivity and end user satisfaction. VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 software has introduced a new smart caching and advanced memory management technology, which led to dramatically reduced malware scan times, and beat all major market competitors in the test. Along with scan speed, VirusScan 8.8 software led all vendors tested in data throughput, which is a key indicator of product performance. View report
“Enterprises trust McAfee endpoint security to provide the most comprehensive threat intelligence managed under a single infrastructure,” said Candace Worley, senior vice president and general manager, Endpoint Security, McAfee. “McAfee is committed to leveraging its worldwide footprint to meet customers’ needs and this latest release of VirusScan Enterprise software is a testament to that, as validated by multiple independent reviews. McAfee VirusScan Enterprise software is the world’s most widely adopted anti-malware product, deployed to over 60 million corporate endpoints.”
- McAfee Management for Optimized Virtualized Environments (MOVE): a vendor-independent platform in which McAfee and partners can provide technology specifically designed for virtualized environments. Unlike other approaches which lock users into one virtualization vendor, McAfee MOVE can be used to optimize security in VMware, Microsoft HyperV and Citrix environments. In addition, all virtualized security products are managed by the ePolicy Orchestrator platform, providing a unified view of all endpoints, whether they are virtual or physical.
- McAfee Global Threat Intelligence™: a cloud-based threat intelligence system that uses over 100 million sensors in 120 countries to continuously scan for emerging threats, then passes protection information to McAfee endpoint and network products deployed worldwide. The McAfee Global Threat Intelligence cloud matches incoming data streams with known or suspected threats and returns to the supported products’ unique intelligence on what is happening at each touch point. Unlike other cloud based threat intelligence systems, McAfee uses such intelligence techniques as File, Web, Message and Network Connection Reputation and Web Category.