Upcoming Big Data Events
Upcoming Cloud Computing Events
Upcoming Development & Design Events
- MongoDB World on June 23, 2014
Upcoming Mobile Events
- 2014 Town Hall Meeting on April 10, 2014
Most popular articles
- BizCloud® Applauds HCL Tech’s Decision Not to Infringe on BizCloud® Registered Product & Services Trademark
- REVTalks 2014: 15 Minute Lessons from Revenue Marketing Leaders
- BizCloud® Files Trademark Infringement Lawsuit against CSC, AT&T, Cisco Systems, VMware and EMC
- BizCloud: GSA didn’t Care about Buying the Infringing Products From CSC
- ARMA's President Julie Colgan: Records Managers Must Understand Data Where it Lives
Microsoft Commits $5.8 Billion Partner Investment for 2012
Microsoft announced on Wednesday that it will invest a total of $5.8 billion in the Microsoft Partner Network in fiscal year 2012 to help its partners grow their businesses through combination of tools, training and incentives.
Corporate vice president of the Worldwide Partner Group at Microsoft, Jon Roskill, spoke at the Microsoft WPC 2011 and announced new solutions and online service incentives that are available and aligned to key priorities such as customer projects, accelerated growth of public and private cloud adoption, and tools demonstrating a broad commitment to partners’ success.
Align Partner Competencies to Customer Projects
• The newly separated Messaging competency and Communications competency help differentiate companies with the explicit skill set and depth of experience to provide a holistic unified communications solution that includes voice and video. The competency split also will enhance recognition for partners’ investments in advanced capabilities with Exchange, Lync and Microsoft Office 365.
• The merger of the Systems Management and Virtualization competencies in May 2012 will strengthen partners’ ability to help customers realize the benefits of cloud computing on their terms with Microsoft private cloud solutions. Partners can prepare now by attaining the current competencies for System Center management and Windows Server Hyper-V virtualization.
Incentives to Accelerate Cloud Adoption
• New Software Assurance Planning Services will be available in August, paying qualified partners to deliver deployment services to Microsoft Software Assurance customers for Microsoft private cloud, Windows Azure public cloud, SQL Server and software development. These opportunities will help partners grow their client base, strengthen customer relationships and increase service revenues.
• Windows Azure Incentives reward qualified partners in the Windows Azure Circle program that influence customer adoption of Microsoft’s public cloud platform. As a result, partners can build new, sustainable revenue streams by helping customers benefit from the public cloud.
• Private Cloud Incentives. The Management and Virtualization Solution Incentive Program will reward qualified Gold Certified partners that influence sales of Microsoft private cloud technologies. This complements the Hyper-V Cloud Accelerate program that will fund partner and customer private cloud assessments, proofs of concept, and production deployments.
• The SQL Server Solution Incentive Program delivers rewards to Gold Certified partners that drive application platform and business intelligence solutions to customers, particularly with the upcoming cloud-ready information platform, SQL Server “Denali.”
• Monetary incentives and license mobilityavailable through Microsoft Software Assurance for Microsoft Hyper-V, System Center and SQL Server will help hosting solution providers grow their businesses by enabling customers to deploy their Server Application licenses with Software Assurance on-premises or in the cloud within hosting partners’ shared hardware environments.
• Microsoft is investing in scaled business model transformation approaches for high-potential partners (from in-person coaching to online self-serve), which will help business decision-makers within partner organizations build specific plans, analyze the change implications of integrating cloud (e.g., profit and loss shifts, staffing needs, etc.), and define commitments and a timeframe to execute the shift.
• To continue spurring the growth of Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft is offering eligible partners an increased Microsoft Dynamics CRM Software Advisor Program (CSA) compensation of 40 percent on new subscription sales of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online as part of the existing CSA.
Enhanced Partner Tools and Benefits
• Expanded Internal Use Rights will offer increased Lync and Windows Intune licenses for partners. The number of licenses allotted to Cloud Accelerate partners will grow to 100 from 25 and those to Cloud Essentials partners will grow to 25 from 10.
• New partner toolkits and opportunity guides will help partners start paving a path to profitability with public and private solutions for the following four markets: small business, midmarket segment, enterprise and public sector.