Upcoming Big Data Events
Upcoming Cloud Computing Events
Upcoming Development & Design Events
- MongoDB World on June 23, 2014
Upcoming Mobile Events
Most popular articles
- OrionVM Continues Strong Growth with US Expansion, New Partnerships and Enhancements to Its IaaS Platform
- New Year, New OS – Planning Your Windows Migration
- Nearly Half of Organizations Past Pilot Phase for Cloud Adoption, Study Finds
- SAP HANA-Powered Business Operations Bundle Helps Organizations Embed Big Data Insights into Processes
- SugarCRM Now Comes with Integrated D&B Data and Insight
Microsoft Previewed its New OS “Windows 8″
Microsoft has previewed the next generation of its operating system at the D9 conference in Palos Verdes, California. The software giant says that the new version code-named “Windows 8” is a “reimagining of Windows.” Microsoft’s upcoming OS will scale touch-only small screen devices to larger screens, with or without a keyboard and mouse.
Windows 8 interface is designed for touchscreen devices and is based on live tiles that can be customized, similar to Windows Phone 7. Live tiles will come with notifications, enabling users to always see up-to-date information from their apps. The new interface will allow users to switch between live apps and also resize an app to the side of the screen for improved multitasking experience.
“Although the new user interface is designed and optimized for touch, it works equally well with a mouse and keyboard,” Julie Larson-Green, Corporate Vice President, Windows Experience, wrote in an article.
Microsoft says that Windows 8 user interface and new apps will work on a wide range of screen sizes, from slates to laptops and desktops.
Larson-Green said Microsoft will reveal more features of Windows 8 at Build, its developer event in Anaheim, California, opening on September 13.