Most popular articles
- OrionVM Continues Strong Growth with US Expansion, New Partnerships and Enhancements to Its IaaS Platform
- What Every CIO Needs to Know about the Future of Enterprise Mobility
- SugarCRM Now Comes with Integrated D&B Data and Insight
- NSA Revelations Have Changed ICT Decision-makers' Behaviour towards Cloud
- Microsoft Launches Office 365 for iPad and a New Cloud-Based Enterprise Mobility Suite
Why should you attend Open Networking Summit 2012?
OpenFlow and Software Defined Networking (SDN) are emerging as some of the most promising and disruptive networking technologies of recent years.
Open Networking Summit 2012 will provide attendees the opportunity to learn from the creators of OpenFlow and SDN on the latest OpenFlow and SDN developments, deployments and use-cases.
SDN has the potential to enable network innovation and create choice with the separation of data and control planes. With the promise to allow customization, optimization and control of the infrastructure, much of the industry is embracing these innovative technologies to build their own network infrastructure.
Come and learn what it is all about at Open Networking Summit 2012, April 16-18 at the Santa Clara, Calif. Marriot.
What to expect at Open Networking Summit 2012:
Three Keynotes from Industry Leaders:
- A keynote address by Urs Hölzle, senior vice president, technical infrastructure and Google Fellow at Google, and chairman of the board of the Open Networking Foundation (ONF)
- A keynote by Kaoru Yano, chairman of the board and former CEO, NEC Corporation will provide insight into current OpenFlow and SDN research, product development, and customer deployment examples.
- A keynote Yukio Ito, senior vice president, service infrastructure, NTT Communications Corporation will address motivations for pursuing OpenFlow and SDN and summarize company experience with NTT’s deployment.
Multiple Speaking Session from the Leading Creators and Innovators of OpenFlow and SDN:
- Guido Appenzeller, co-founder and CEO, Big Switch Networks
- Martin Casado, co-founder and CTO, Nicira Networks, Inc.
- Axel Clauberg, vice president, IP and Optical Architecture, Deutsche Telekom
- Stuart Elby, vice president, Network Architecture and Technology & chief technologist, Verizon
- Igor Gashinsky, principle architect, Yahoo!
- Nick McKeown, professor of electrical engineering and computer science and faculty director of the Clean Slate Program, Stanford University
- David Meyer, distinguished engineer, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Eric Murray, network lead, Kindred Healthcare
- Greg Papadopoulos, venture partner, New Enterprise Associates (NEA)
- Dan Pitt, executive director, Open Networking Foundation
- Renato Recio, systems hardware development, distinguished engineer & IBM Data Center Networking CTO, hardware designer, IBM Corporation
- Allwyn Sequeira, vice president and CTO, Network and Security, VMWare
- Dr. Amin Vahdat, principal engineer, Google
- John Vrionis, managing director, LightSpeed Venture Partner
- David Ward, Cisco fellow and architect of IOS-XR, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- A pair of all-day tutorials for product managers and engineers will be available to gain deep insight and hands-on understanding of SDN technologies.
OpenFlow and SDN Exhibition Hall:
- An exhibition hall with 20 vendors will showcase OpenFlow and SDN technologies, products and services, and multiple academic institutions will hold table top demonstrations.
Networking with the Community:
- Unlimited opportunities to discuss challenges and solutions that matter to network operators, enterprises, vendors, and researchers, and to connect with creators and leaders of the OpenFlow and SDN community.