Upcoming Big Data Events
Upcoming Cloud Computing Events
Upcoming Entertainment Events
- No Events
Most popular articles
- BizCloud® Applauds HCL Tech’s Decision Not to Infringe on BizCloud® Registered Product & Services Trademark
- BizCloud® Files Trademark Infringement Lawsuit against CSC, AT&T, Cisco Systems, VMware and EMC
- REVTalks 2014: 15 Minute Lessons from Revenue Marketing Leaders
- BizCloud: GSA didn’t Care about Buying the Infringing Products From CSC
- ARMA's President Julie Colgan: Records Managers Must Understand Data Where it Lives
Oracle OpenWorld 2011 Countdown Begins
Oracle Open World is just ten days away, and thousands of Oracle technology enthusiasts, customers and partners of the tech giant are finalizing their preparation for the event. This year’s Oracle OpenWorld will be happening October 2-6, 2011 at the Moscone South Hall Convention Center in San Francisco, where gathered attendees will have an opportunity to gain deep insight into Oracle technology and be among the first to learn about the ways to best leverage the innovations that will help them stay ahead of the curve in the coming years.
Just looking at the schedule of the five day event can give you a sense of the magnitude of what’s going to take place at the Moscone; thousands of sessions, hundreds of demos, exhibition, keynotes, and afterparties that round up the day as perfect opportunity for some extended networking.
Considering that the conference offers abundance of opportunities, anyone attending will have to do some planning in advance to identify the right opportunities that can bring the most benefits to their business. Whether you are a customer or a partner, there is quite allot of content on the Oracle OpenWorld website to navigate through and decide accordingly on how you’ll make the best use of your time at Moscone center.
The opening day promises allot of excitement, as it will feature Oracle Users Forum that will last throughout the entire day, the Oracle Network Partner Forum and a special welcoming keynote from Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle, which is expected to be one of the highlights of the event. Oracle Presidents Mark Hurd and Safra Catz will join Ellison for the opening keynote overviewing the company’s major product announcements. It will be interesting to hear about the Oracle products that are, as the company writes, “redefining cloud computing for the enterprise.” You can find the detailed schedule for all five days of the event here.
Keynotes are among the most important aspects of the Oracle OpenWorld, and this year cloud computing will be one of the central topics. Joseph M. Tucci, CEO of EMC, will deliver a keynote on Monday the 3rd of October titled “Cloud + Big Data = Massive Change + Massive Opportunity.” The same day the Extreme Innovation keynotes from Oracle executives will shed a light on how Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud are bringing substantial benefits to company’s technology and business app customers in terms of performance and cost savings.
On 5th of October, Oracle CEO will devote his keynote to Oracle Cloud offering, and give an overview of Oracle’s private cloud deployments, public cloud platforms, and applications. Attendees will have an opportunity to learn how they can take advantage of Oracle Applications, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Database, and Oracle hardware for cloud computing today. You can get a detailed description and see they keynotes schedule by following the link for the Oracle OpenWorld keynotes.
Four sessions at Oracle OpenWorld 2011 will be dedicated to cloud computing, and these are essential, must-attend sessions for anyone who is interested in getting an in-depth knowledge on Oracle On Demand Cloud Services:
- Top 10 Things Every Finance Executive Should Know About the Cloud, Tuesday, Oct. 4, 11:45 a.m., Moscone West, Room 2005.
- Enterprise-Grade Security in the Cloud: So You Can Sleep at Night, Tuesday, Oct. 4, 5:00 p.m., Moscone West 3003.
- How the Hybrid Cloud Can Accelerate Your Oracle Applications Strategy, Wednesday, Oct. 5, 11:45 a.m., Moscone West 3000.
- Cloud Sourcing Trends (Session 15222) Thursday, Oct. 6, 1:30 p.m., Moscone West 2005