Most popular articles
Cloud in the Public Sector Summit
The Cloud Standards Customer Council (CSCC) will be holding a Cloud in the Public Sector Summit on day one of its quarterly face-to-face meeting on March 19-20, 2012 at the Hyatt Regency Reston, in Reston, VA. For more information and to register, visit http://www.cloud-council.org/March2012/index.htm.
“Cloud Technology Roadmap, FedRAMP Security Guidelines, Priority Requirements, and Action Plans”
In this two-day cloud event, the CSCC will bring together international public sector Cloud leaders to exchange information about current projects, future plans, and prioritized requirements. Standards Development Groups and Cloud Providers will be present to discuss progress related to the prioritized requirements. Attendees will explore possible frameworks for ongoing discussion and coordination across international public sector Cloud initiatives, SDOs, and Cloud Providers.
The emphasis will be on the standardizations needed in technology, best practices, organizations, and policies for interoperability, portability, and trust of Clouds across national and regional boundaries. A key topic will be Priority Action Plans for international security, portability and interoperability standards as called for in NIST’s Cloud Technology Roadmap.
The day will include customer keynotes, updates from SDOs, talks on cloud provider offerings for the public sector from providers themselves. Program highlights for the Cloud in the Public Sector Summit include:
- NIST will present “Cloud Technology Roadmap, FedRAMP Security Guidelines, Priority Requirements, and Action Plans”
- David McClure, Associate Administrator of the Office of Citizen Services and Communications will present an update on GSA Cloud activities
- Jean-François Junger, European Commission, Head of Sector, DG Information Society and Media will present “EC plan for the year 2012 in the area of Cloud Computing”
- Global Public Sector Cloud Updates, with participants representing Europe, India, Canada, Singapore, the UK, and Korea
- Cloud SDO Status and Plans Related to Public Sector Requirements, with participation from OASIS, DMTF, SNIA, OGF, IEEE, Global Intercloud Technical Forum, and the Cloud Security Alliance
- Cloud Providers Offerings for Public Sector, featuring presentations from Amazon.com, Huawei, IBM, Salesforce and Microsoft
The Cloud in the Public Sector Summit transitions into the CSCC quarterly face-to-face meeting on Tuesday, where the morning session will focus on high priority international public sector Cloud requirements, gathering feedback to map requirements, making action plans and discussing future needs. The afternoon will feature a keynote on Cloud Security, a presentation on the status of the new SLA Cookbook project, and updates from the Working Groups.
About the Cloud Standards Customer Council
The Cloud Standards Customer Council (CSCC) is an OMG® end user advocacy group dedicated to accelerating cloud’s successful adoption, and drilling down into the standards, security and interoperability issues surrounding the transition to the cloud. The Council is not a standards organization, but will complement existing cloud standards efforts and establish a core set of client-driven requirements to ensure cloud users will have the same freedom of choice, flexibility, and openness they have with traditional IT environments. The Cloud Standards Customer Council is open to all end-user organizations. IBM, Kaavo, Rackspace and Software AG are Founding Sponsors. For more information on CSCC, visithttp://www.cloud-council.org.