Upcoming Cloud Computing Events
Most popular articles
SAP Delivers New Applications Built on the SAP HANA® Platform
The solutions announced today are:
- SAP® Sales and Operations Planning application
- SAP® Cash Forecasting analytic application
- SAP® Planning and Consolidation application
- SAP® Collections Insight analytic application
- SAP® Sales Pipeline Analysis analytic content
- SAP® Bank Analyzer rapid-deployment solution for financial reporting with SAP HANA
- SAP® Deposits Management rapid-deployment solution for transaction history analysis with SAP HANA
- SAP® Supplier InfoNet site
Next Generation Planning Applications powered by SAP HANA
SAP Sales and Operations Planning is a cloud-based application powered by SAP HANA and designed to help companies become more demand-driven by enabling them to rapidly translate demand fluctuations into actionable plans for manufacturing, procurement and logistics. With the new application, companies can engage stakeholders from sales, marketing, finance, supply chain and other functions in a truly integrated and collaborative planning process. SAP Sales and Operations Planning brings together the real-time computing power of SAP HANA and the social collaborative paradigm of the SAP® Streamwork® application to enable:
- Planning, using a unified model of demand, supply chain and financial data, which can be analyzed in real time at any level of granularity or dimension
- Rapid simulations and scenario comparison on a complete, detailed sales and operations planning model against multiple criteria such as demand fluctuations, product mix changes and capacity constraints
- Collaboration, using an embedded, context-aware social platform to accelerate planning and decision-making across the company
More details on SAP Sales & Operations Planning, Powered by SAP HANA can be found in this video.
“In relatively short period of time, we were able to model a significant portion of our business in the pilot environment and perform what-if scenario analysis,” said Richard Komm, director, Advanced Micro Devices. “We could adjust demand volumes and the capacity resource allocations and immediately see their impact on revenue and margins in the solution. This is something that used to take multiple spreadsheets, numerous emails and phone calls and meetings to develop an aligned plan. We feel that this solution has great potential to improve our sales and operations planning process management and accelerate decision-making and the overall responsiveness of our teams.”
“Today, our sales and operations planning process is largely manual, managed over disconnected spreadsheets, spans multiple internal teams and contract manufacturers, and it takes too much time and effort to respond to demand and supply variations,” said James Smith, director, McKesson. ”We were able to assess the impact of fluctuations in capacity positions at contract manufacturers on our sales forecasts in real time, model alternative scenarios and cut our planning cycle time in half. We are excited about the solution and look forward to rolling it out at McKesson.”
SAP Cash Forecasting is an on-premise analytic application built on the SAP HANA platform that helps companies better navigate today’s volatile financial environment by providing advanced capabilities for cash forecasting and analysis in a heterogeneous system landscape. The application is available via an early adoption program. With SAP Cash Forecasting, companies can:
- Create accurate cash forecasts based on financial data from SAP and non-SAP systems such as ERP
- Develop an effective foreign exchange hedging strategy based on real-time visibility into exposure across multiple currencies
- Perform ex-post variance analysis on cash forecasts with the ability to explain variance down to the cash flow statement item-level
- Manage the forecast process centrally, tracking subsidiaries’ planning status and consolidating forecasts from across the company
“BSH Bosch und Siemens Hausgerate GmbH co-innovated with SAP on the new SAP Cash Forecasting analytic application, which is built on the SAP HANA platform,” said Marco Dockweiler, enterprise architect, BSH Bosch und Siemens Hausgerate GmbH. ”This application has the potential to improve cash forecast accuracy and to optimize our processes in the treasury department. The results we have seen are very compelling, and we look forward to our continued collaboration with SAP.”
SAP Planning and Consolidation helps organizations dramatically accelerate their planning processes, giving financial professionals more analytics power and smarter insights, as well as time savings. Powered by SAP HANA, the application enables companies to accelerate budgeting and forecasting by speeding up the retrieval of queries, pull in large data sets and get a real-time view of what’s happening in the business. As a result, people can plan faster, input data back into systems faster and shrink planning cycles, enabling organizations to more quickly respond to capitalize on opportunities or avoid risks. This also provides simplicity for IT as the application is optimized in real-time with SAP HANA.
Empowering Sales and Marketing Users With Real-Time Solutions
SAP Collections Insight provides sales teams with the real-time customer insights they need to optimize their collections strategy and the collaborative tools to execute that strategy. The application is available via an early adoption program. Powered by SAP HANA and accessible via an easy-to-use Web or mobile app, SAP Collections Insight helps companies:
- Develop rich, dynamic profiles of their customers, including real-time visibility and analysis of payment history and trends
- Equip users to quickly make and act on collection calls — anytime, anywhere
- Empower users to collaborate rapidly and effectively to track and resolve collections issues
The capabilities delivered by SAP Collections Insight can enable companies to increase collections yield, accelerate the conversion of revenue to cash and strengthen their customer relationships.
SAP Sales Pipeline Analysis, powered by SAP HANA, helps sales organizations to get instant insights into massive volumes of pipeline data in the SAP® Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM) application while performing on-the-fly calculations and in-depth analysis on any business dimension. Sales managers can react more quickly to changing sales conditions with real-time information and accelerate deals through the pipeline with user-driven analytics. As a result, companies can unlock hidden revenue opportunities as well as significantly increase profits and sales effectiveness. To help ensure a quicker time-to-value for customers, the content can be deployed as a rapid-deployment solution with the SAP® rapid-deployment solution for sales pipeline analysis with SAP HANA.
Taking Advantage of “Big Data” in the Banking Industry
SAP Bank Analyzer rapid-deployment solution for financial reporting with SAP HANA is designed to help organizations quickly analyze large volumes of data, enabling them to automate lean banking processes and make decisions in near real time. The solution enables banking organizations to rapidly generate detailed financial reports on assets and accounting performance, offering immediate answers to their business questions.
SAP Deposits Management rapid-deployment solution for transaction history analysis with SAP HANA helps retail banks boost performance through improved transaction history analysis. It makes it easy for employees to access up-to-date account information, while powerful in-memory data platform and business intelligence (BI) software helps organizations process multi-year information for real-time insights.
Drive Greater Visibility and Stronger Performance Across the Business Network
SAP Supplier InfoNet is an information network that brings together SAP HANA and the cloud to help companies gain real-time insights from ‘big data” and rapidly respond to changing conditions across their multi-tier supply networks. With this solution, companies are able to effectively manage their complex supply chains by:
- Proactively monitoring and predicting risks across the multi-tier supply network with real-time alerts and leading-edge machine learning and statistical analysis tools
- Gaining instant insights into the operational health of the supply network by aggregating and analyzing supplier data from enterprise systems and thousands of external data sources
- Benchmarking supplier performance on quality and delivery and identifying significant shifts and trends in their performance
The capabilities delivered by SAP Supplier InfoNet empower companies to minimize supply chain disruptions before they impact the business, drive stronger performance of their suppliers and save time and operational costs of managing the supplier base.