Upcoming Entertainment Events
- GamesBeat 2014 on September 15, 2014
Upcoming Social Media Events
- GrowthBeat on August 5, 2014
Most popular articles
- OrionVM Continues Strong Growth with US Expansion, New Partnerships and Enhancements to Its IaaS Platform
- What Every CIO Needs to Know about the Future of Enterprise Mobility
- SugarCRM Now Comes with Integrated D&B Data and Insight
- New Year, New OS – Planning Your Windows Migration
- NSA Revelations Have Changed ICT Decision-makers' Behaviour towards Cloud
Twitter Buys Social Analytics Start-up Julpan
Twitter has acquired social information analysis company Julpan. The startup announced the acquisition Wednesday on its blog, but the terms of the deal were not disclosed. Julpan was founded in 2010 and focuses on analyzing the way people share information on the social web , including status updates, Tweets, Facebook likes, and rss feeds aiming to deliver the most relevant content to users.
Julpan analyzes the activity of more than a 100 million people to determine the most relevant and important stories in real-time, as they appear on the Web, the company says.
As part of the acquisition, Julpan’s team will be joining Twitter’s engineers and together they’ll be working on integrating startup’s innovative technology into the popular micro blogging platform. Founder and CEO of Julpan, Ori Allon, will serve as the new director of engineering at Twitter.
“With more than 230 million Tweets per day on every subject imaginable, Twitter gives us a chance to make an even greater contribution toward instantly bringing people closer to what is most meaningful to them,” Allon wrote in a blog post. “We look forward to joining forces with Twitter’s engineering team to explore how we can best integrate and optimize Julpan’s innovations.”
Before founding Julpan in 2010, Allon spent four years working for Google. In 2006, the search company hired him and purchased his Orion search algorithm, Allon’s patented thesis. His work at Google was focused on integrating Orion into Google’s search algorithm.