Most popular articles
- OrionVM Continues Strong Growth with US Expansion, New Partnerships and Enhancements to Its IaaS Platform
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 for an Open Web
- New Year, New OS – Planning Your Windows Migration
- Nearly Half of Organizations Past Pilot Phase for Cloud Adoption, Study Finds
- SAP HANA-Powered Business Operations Bundle Helps Organizations Embed Big Data Insights into Processes
VCE Introduces New Converged Infrastructure Capabilities At EMC World 2012
EMC World 2012 - VCE today announced several new converged infrastructure capabilities that increase business agility and accelerate the transformation of enterprise data centers by further simplifying the deployment, protection and management of cloud-based applications and data.
VCE™ Vblock™ Systems are fully integrated and fully virtualized cloud infrastructure systems. Using leading technologies from Cisco, EMC and VMware, they provide the highest levels of application performance and uniquely address key business, operational and financial challenges by enabling faster application development and deployment, improving utilization and lowering operational costs.
VCE pioneered intelligent converged infrastructure platforms with hundreds of Vblock systems in production at mission-critical enterprise and service provider data centers worldwide. VCE today is introducing:
- Innovative hybrid cloud and dynamic data center models through Vblock system integration with EMC® VPLEX™ virtual storage for data mobility. This enables entire data center workloads to be dynamically moved across geographies and service providers. By pooling the resources of multiple Vblock systems, applications and data can be transparently shared and shifted as business needs dictate. At EMC World, VCE is demonstrating how the walls of a data center can be stretched over distance, by dynamically moving intense workloads between several exhibits.
- Simplified and comprehensive data protection for a converged infrastructure that encompasses backup, recovery, replication, business continuity and data mobility for virtual environments. Vblock Data Protection is a critical new integrated element of a Vblock infrastructure deployment. It incorporates EMC Avamar® and EMC Data Domain® backup and recovery solutions; EMC RecoverPoint™ replication software with continuous data protection (CDP) and VPLEX for workload mobility and business continuity.
- Advanced enterprise-class converged infrastructure features in the new Vblock Series 700 Model LX system, which is architected for virtualization and cloud environments supporting mission-critical applications running thousands of virtual machines simultaneously. It is an easy-to-manage, cost effective platform that delivers unmatched performance, availability and automation that results in a tightly integrated, fully virtualized environment. The Vblock 700LX system includes the EMC VMAX™ 10K storage array, the latest Cisco UCS® server and Cisco Nexus® switching technologies, and support for VMware vSphere® 5.
- Streamlined deployment of infrastructure to support cloud applications with new EMC Unified Infrastructure Manager features. New capabilities include more storage infrastructure services, expanded VMware integration and the ability to centrally monitor multiple Vblock systems.